Are you looking for a college that will cater to your additional learning needs? We understand how much attention each individual situation requires, and provide a range of support for learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
This includes support for deaf students or those with hearing impairment, students with mobility difficulties, medical conditions such as epilepsy, and specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia or dyspraxia.
We are also experienced in helping students with chronic fatigue syndrome, autistic spectrum disorders such as Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, mobility impairments, visual impairments and speech impairments. We also work with students with long term medical conditions and mental health issues.
- advice and information on disability support and reasonable adjustments at the college
- individual support plans
- access arrangements in exams
- specialist equipment
- support workers and enablers, e.g. note-takers, communication support workers for deaf students, mentors
- liaison with academic department staff
- assistance with diagnostic and needs assessment and Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) applications
Our courses vary – from gaining independent living skills to preparing for employment through work placements or working in the shop run by students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, we’ll help you go further.
We are always available to talk, so please contact us if you would like to discuss any support needs. We are here to help!