What do I learn?
The elements that make up this apprenticeship are:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Driving Goods Vehicles
• BTEC Award in Carry and Deliver Goods
• Functional Skills in English and Maths Level 1
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• LGV Category C or C+E driver training (if applicable)
Training for the BTEC, Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Functional Skills will be completed in the classroom.
Training for the LGV Category C or C+E licence (if applicable) will be in the vehicle at an off-site location.
What do I gain?
This apprenticeship provides you with a great foundation for career progression within the logistics industry. You also gain the skills needed to progress on to an advanced apprenticeship.
What do I need?
There are no formal entry requirements for this apprenticeship.
Upon application you will be invited for interview and initial assessments to ensure that you are at the correct level of learning and that the course is right for you.
What do I gain?
This apprenticeship provides a good starting point for progression onto the Driving Goods Vehicles Advanced Apprenticeship, or a foundation degree in logistics.
Roles for progression include:
• team leading and management within the logistics sector
• taking responsibility for a fleet of vehicles
• specialising in transporting chemicals or harzardous waste
What else do I need to know?
Roles which involve driving goods vehicles often cover unsociable hours, and you need to be an independent person – much of the work is unaccompanied.