Benefit from some of the best teaching and learning in the sector.
Improve your employability.
Join an Activate Learning college.
Our unique approach has been recognised by Ofsted in its 2014 inspection report.
The report highlights that:
- teaching and learning is a major strength
- learners make good progress and develop valuable employability skills
- teachers motivate learners well
- classrooms and workshops buzz with activity
- staff have well developed, productive links with employers
- learners participate fully in the life of the colleges
- senior leaders promote a culture of high expectations
- IT is plentiful and well used
The inspection team awarded Activate Learning colleges - Banbury and Bicester College, City of Oxford College and Reading College – an overall rating of good with a number of areas rated outstanding (the highest possible grade).
During their visit, the inspection team found high quality teaching and learning, strong leadership and outstanding challenge and support from our governing body.
Courses in hospitality and catering and programmes for those with learning difficulties and disabilities, were judged outstanding.
The percentage of lessons rated good or outstanding during the inspection was 89%, well above the 69% average for the sector, as recorded by Ofsted last year.
Read the full report here.
Contact us today to get your future on the right track.