What do I learn?
The focus of the training in Part 2 is on:
• reinforcing and developing the knowledge and skills learned in Part 1
• teaching additional skills and strategies for managing, holding, controlling and calming violent service users
• ensuring delegates are skilled and competent to safely apply emergency restraint belts should it become necessary
• developing delegates’ self-confidence and ability to implement the training (practice in applying the training in a variety of realistic scenarios)
Teaching and learning is a mix of practical and theory work. Assessment is practical and ongoing throughout the day.
What do I gain?
This training is quality assured and certified by HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance) as a Level 2 equivalent.
People who successfully complete Part 2 will also qualify for an AEGIS Certificate that reflects the higher standard of competence achieved.
Part 2 of the programme, in combination with Part 1:
• meets and exceeds UK Health & Safety legislation due diligence requirements for any door supervisor role
• delivers a skill set that door supervisors can have absolute confidence in
• maximises proficiency and ensures delegates are better prepared for their role (a higher standard of competence and increased self-confidence)
• reduces the risk of harm happening
• facilitates delivery of a higher standard of customer care
• protects employees and organisations against allegations, complaints and compensation claims
What do I need?
To be eligible to attend this training, you must already have successfully completed the AEGIS Part 1 programme.
You need to have a reasonable level of fitness.
You also need to bring ankle / wrist supports etc. (as appropriate), comfortable clothes, a towel and water (optional). Body shields are provided.
What do I gain?
Following this course you could do:
• AEGIS Physical Intervention and Restraint Programme – Part 3
• AEGIS Physical Intervention and Restraint Programme – Trainer
What else do I need to know?
The 1-day course is held at our Blackbird Leys and city centre campuses.