What do I learn?
You learn the fundamental working principles, the potential to install and the regulatory requirements for the following environmental technologies.
Heat producing technologies:
• solar thermal hot water systems
• heat pump systems
• biomass fuelled systems
Electricity producing technologies:
• solar photovoltaic systems
• micro-wind turbine systems
• micro-hydropower systems
• micro-combined heat and power systems (heat-led)
Water conservation technologies:
• rainwater harvesting systems
• greywater reuse systems
At the end of the second day you sit an online multiple-choice exam.
A training manual which accompanies the course is sent out to you 3-4 weeks prior to attendance and you will be expected to self study in preparation for the assessments. This course is delivered in the classroom by a skilled tutor.
What do I gain?
You gain the knowledge you need to be able to communicate with others in relation to the fundamental working principles, the potential to install and the regulatory requirements for micro-renewable and water conservation technologies
What do I need?
There are no entry requirements. Anyone interested in renewable energies can apply for this course.
What do I gain?
This qualification helps you to progress to the specialist knowledge and competence units for the installation, commissioning, handover, inspection, service and maintenance of micro renewable energy and water conservation technologies.
What else do I need to know?
Examples of people who could find this course useful include:
• building services engineering consultants/contractors
• sales and customer support staff
• designers, architects, planners, specifiers, quantity surveyors, buyers
• construction contractors
• facilities managers
• environmental health officers
• building control officers, housing association and housing officers
• local authority and council planning officers
• procurement officers