What do I learn?
This new, accredited qualification has the following two mandatory units:
• Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
• Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors
The Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors unit of assessment has been developed to cover the following subjects within the security sector:
• first aid awareness
• dealing with children and young people
Teaching/learning methods include pre-course reading, work book activities and tutor training
Assessment is through a 10-question multiple-choice exam, and tutor assessment.
What do I gain?
The skills gained help you learn how to:
• deal with violence and aggression in the work place
• safely remove difficult or drunk customers from the venue
• protect from blocks and blows
• demand and control personal space
• deal with young people in the late-night economy
On successful completion, the qualifications you gain are:
• Level 2 Award for Upskilling Door Supervisors
• Aegis-Skills Certificate for Physical Intervention in the Security Industry Authority (SIA)
What do I need?
• a valid door supervisor qualification or current badge
• home office ID requirements
• passport-size photograph x 2
You also need a reasonable level of fitness.
On the day itself, you need to bring pen and paper, comfortable clothes and a towel.
What do I gain?
You could go on to do:
• Aegis-Skills Part Two Physical Intervention (Control and Restraint) – a higher-level physical intervention course to enhance your skills of dealing with violence and aggression in the work place.
What else do I need to know?
The course takes place at our Blackbird Leys campus and the hours are 9am til 5pm.